As all our members rely entirely on either a minimal government grant or disability grant, the monthly membership fee is low. The Department of Social Development grants subsidies for registered service centres offering approved services and funding proposals are continually made to charitable trusts, large companies and kind individuals.
- Garden Village in Garden Village, Somerset West
- Vonke Seniors Rendezvous at Vonke Park, Somerset West
Rest assured that, whatever your skill or talent, every contribution counts. The three minutes it takes to complete an application form could be the most celebrated decision you've ever made.
If you are over 60 years of age, living independently in the Helderberg area and have been seeking certain services to make your life easier...WISH NO MORE! The Helderberg Society for the Aged offers countless services to make your retirement an easy, sociable affair which includes:
- The option to order a well-balanced meal prepared by expert chefs, either to take away or join us as a table boarder, at any of the various venues during the week
- Church services for all denominations
- A variety of card games, scrabble, exercise classes, educational talks, snooker, bingo, lectures, carpet bowls, musical concerts, a choice of choirs, regular outings and a shuttle service to the village and Somerset Mall
Join us at the Seniors’ Rendezvous - you'll never look back! For your convenience, the venues of the Seniors’ Rendezvous are positioned throughout Somerset West in the activity centres of our blocks of flats. Kindly contact us for more detail.
What programmes are offered:
- Nutritious meals and food parcels
- Clinic services
- Stroke Support Group
- Art classes
- Embroidery Group
- Sewing project (production of African wear)
- Bead work
- English Literacy Classes
- Social Interaction (e.g. games, outings, etc)
- Educational Talks
- Counselling & life skills training