Sharing your energy with older persons will enrich your life in unexpected ways. Not only will this service as a volunteer for the Society broaden your horizons, it also will add a new dimension to your time.
Making new friends, improving your skills and a feeling of well-being are but a few of the benefits you stand to gain.
There are various areas where we use volunteers, and it varies from time to time, but to give you an idea, areas where volunteers can make a big difference include:
- Entertainment by playing a musical instrument or as accompaniment to a choir
- Assisting with art or handcrafts
- Reading books to the visually challenged
- Mending clothes
- Using your pets to provide animal therapy
- Help in the library
- Help in the kiosks
- Assist with games and exercises
- Walk with residents
- Lead discussion groups
- Put on film or video shows
- Help at Fundraising events