Home based Care
The HSFA offers home based care services to older persons living alone, with family in the community as well as at the Independent and Assisted Living Units at the HSFA. The aim of these services are to:
- Provide assistance to independent older persons.
- Enable the older person to function and remain in a safe and independent environment for as long as possible.
- Support the primary carer looking after an older person.
- Provide short term and once-off interventions where needed to promote continued independence.
- Extend this service into the wider older community.
- Asses and refer the older person to relevant recourses within the community thus promoting active living.
An initial assessment will be conducted to identify the needs of each individual and based upon this assessment, the most suited services will be suggested.
- Caring which includes basic care e.g. showering, bathing, hair care, exercises, etc.
- Socialisation and activities.
- Light housework e.g. preparing light meals, doing laundry, etc.
- Accompanying to shops and doctor’s appointments.
- Cleaning: Deep/Spring cleaning and routine cleaning.
- Once-off interventions: Assessments and referral; vital observations etc.
The HBC team consists of the Manager, a registered Nurse, Carers, Housekeeping Staff, a Social Worker and a Clinic Sister.