SERVICES AND FACILITIES
Home Based Care
HOME-BASED CARE at HSFA offers care services to older persons living independently as an HSFA resident. This service enables individuals to function and remain in their environment for as long as possible.
Needs are established with an initial assessment to indicate whether home care, personal care, specialised care, once-off intervention, or cleaning services are required. A personal package is then compiled for the client.
The aim of these services is to:
- Provide assistance to independent older persons;
- Enable the older person to function and remain independent for as long as possible;
- Support the primary carer looking after an older person;
- Provide short term and once-off interventions where needed to promote continued independence;
- Extend this service into the wider senior citizen community; and to
- Assess and refer the older person to relevant recourses within the community, thus promoting active ageing.
The Home-Based Care Team comprises of:
- A Home Based Care Manager
- A Registered Nurse
- Housekeeping Staff
Deep/Spring Cleaning, Routine Cleaning
Basic caring e.g. showering, bathing, personal hygiene and grooming, exercises, etc.
Once-off Interventions, Assessments and Referral, Vital Observations, etc. Wound Care, Catheter Care, Stoma Care & PEG Tube feeding.
121 Lourensford Road
PO Box 55
GET IN TOUCH
T: +27 (0)21 852 5130
F: +27 (0)21 851 1419