“There is nothing that harvests more of a feeling of empowerment than being of service to someone in need.” Gillian Anderson
WHAT IS A VOLUNTEER?
A person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.” Volunteers can contribute their time, skills, talents or expertise.
Sharing your energy with older persons will enrich your life in unexpected ways. Not only will serving as a volunteer for the Helderberg Society for the Aged broaden your horizons, it also will add a new dimension to your time. Making new friends, improving your skills and a feeling of wellbeing are but a few of the benefits you stand to gain.
WHAT WE NEED
There are various areas where volunteers are needed, and it varies from time to time. Some of the areas where volunteers can make a big difference include:
- Professional pro-bono volunteers such as lawyers, etc.
- Training programs
- Singing or providing entertainment by playing a musical instrument
- Assistance with art, handcrafts, games or exercises
- Reading books to the visually impaired
- Mending clothes
- Bringing your pets to provide animal therapy
- Assistance in the library and/or kiosk
- Physical support (go on walks)
- Leading discussion groups
- Charity shop assistance
Are you really keen to volunteer, but have some questions? For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org