Dear Residents, Family and Staff,
HSFA places the health of our residents, family and staff first.
HSFA acknowledges the potential exponential spread of the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in South Africa and that the older persons, especially those with underlying medical conditions in our Frail Environment and Assisted Living Units are compromised and particularly vulnerable to infection.
Our Task Team Mandate:
• To keep abreast of the development and spread of the virus and advise HSFA on the management of this.
• Our Unit Manager Sr Schenell Rossouw, Nursing Care Manager Mr Frederick de Bruyn, and Night Shift Infection Control Sr Mr JP Walekwa have been for training at Karl Bremmer Hospital on the 6th March 2020 on how to manage the process and networking with relevant Infection Control departments on Government level.
• HSFA has commenced with in house training on Infection Control specific to Coronavirus disease 2019
• HSFA has a strict zero tolerance approach toward non-compliance.
• HSFA Response Plan is in draft phase.
The Standard Operating Procedure for Preparedness, Detection and Response to a Coronavirus (2019-NCOV) outbreak in South Africa has been implemented within the HSFA.
HSFA would like to urge our families and visitors to refrain from contact with the older person should you suspect that there has been any contact or flu related symptoms.
Alta Allen, Operations & Risk Manager